Demand for Proposals 2020
Ladies, Arts & Equitable Personal Change
Deadline to use: Friday, March 13, 2020, 5 pm EST
The Asian Women Giving Circle (AWGC) believes tradition can play a important part in any strategy for social modification. We help Asian American feminine artists and organizations that are women-led NYC which are utilizing arts and culture to:
- Bring transformation that is about social prioritizes equity
- Raise understanding and catalyze action around critical conditions that affect Asian American ladies, girls and families, and
- Highlight and improve women’s central part as leaders, creators, designers and supervisors of the jobs.
In this grant period, we anticipate awarding specific grants to 5-8 jobs, contingent on available capital. The utmost grant quantity is $15,000. For the description of previous task grants, please go to our site: www. Asianwomengivingcircle.org
PLEASE BE AWARE: beginning this and moving forward, AWGC strongly encourages individual artists to apply year. We’re doubling down on our dedication to support bold and innovate vision that is artistic all procedures, especially in music, party, drama, literary, performance, artistic and interdisciplinary arts.
Started in 2005, the AWGC is a collaboration of Asian US ladies in new york who will be passionate about amplifying the transformative power of arts and tradition to bring change that is about progressive. We promote grassroots philanthropy and pool our resources to finance tasks led by Asian women that are american utilize their imagination to go hearts, minds and communities become without any fear, bias and injustice.
Whom We Have Been
Started in 2005, the AWGC is a collective of Asian US ladies in new york that are passionate about amplifying the transformative energy of arts and culture to impact change that is progressive. Our company is a donor-advised investment at the Ms. Foundation for females, which distributes our funds entirely at our way.
AWGC funds individual music artists and community teams whose tasks donate to progressive social and governmental modification. Since our founding, we’ve raised and granted over $1 million to get over 80 tasks.
Our Mission and Goals
We promote grassroots philanthropy and resources that are pool fund jobs led by Asian US ladies who utilize their imagination to maneuver hearts, minds and communities become without any fear, bias and injustice.
Our objectives are to:
- Channel more resources into our communities that are local
- Engage more and more people to buy imaginative jobs by as well as our communities
- Shine a traditional spotlight on our experiences and stories
- Promote modern social modification
- Improve the visibility of Asian US ladies doing philanthropic work
- This RFP is ready to accept both 501(c)(3) businesses and specific music artists
- Artists and collectives that aren’t 501(c)(3)s must apply under a financial sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) company, that they must record on their application since the organization that is applying.
- NOTE: Failure to present 501(c)(3) documents or even give a fiscal sponsor with the exact same will immediately disqualify the applying.
- All artistic procedures would be considered, including cross-disciplinary work
- Candidates should explain how they want to determine and determine effect
- Projects must:
- Integrate the arts within an vital way
- Highlight women’s leadership and/or role that is central
- Show a deep dedication to a particular community in NYC
- Seldom, we shall help a task which includes national impact
- Funds must certanly be put on projects that are specific cannot support the organization’s ongoing programs, operations, money or endowments
- Candidates may be at any stage within their jobs but should have a history of developed work that shows their ability to complete the project that is proposed handle the funds required
Everything We Do Not Fund
- Endowment or capital campaigns
- Gear purchases
- Help to deal with crises that are financial shortfalls
- Solely individual works of creative phrase with little or no justice impact that is social
- Documentation this is certainly primarily of cultural activities
- Shows or personalities which do not give a social modification analysis or justice focus that is social
- Pupil productions or jobs related to a mail-order-bride.net/russian-brides/ qualification system and educational credit
All applications are evaluated by AWGC’s Steering Committee which advances a quick range of finalists. These finalists are then voted on by all donors who possess added to the pool that is grantmaking via ballot. Last grant allocation decisions are produced by the Steering Committee and presented to your financial sponsor, the Ms. Foundation for females. The Ms. Foundation disburses the funds entirely at our way.
Applications will likely to be reviewed because of the AWGC Steering Committee on such basis as:
- The quality of the task concept in terms of change that is social
- The prospective effect for the project to improve hearts, minds and communities towards equitable change that is social
- The artist’s or organization’s strong commitment to a certain community in NYC (noting once again that people have actually hardly ever funded a task who has scope that is national
- The main part of Asian US ladies and girls when you look at the project’s conceptual framework, design and execution
- The artist’s or organization’s ability to accomplish the task and make use of the grant funds effortlessly
- Notification of Grant Awards are going to be made by mid-June 2020
- All grantees will likely be expected to submit a narrative and report that is financial the finish associated with grant 12 months (June 2021)
How to utilize
This RFP is administered through the funds portal associated with the Ms. Foundation for ladies. Applications will likely be accepted ONLY via this online procedure.
Tax-Exempt Reputation Verification
Please supply a copy of the organization’s IRS tax-exempt dedication page. If for example the tax-exempt status is pending or you are using under a financial sponsor, connect a copy of the fiscal sponsor’s many present IRS dedication page along side a finalized Memorandum of knowing that establishes sponsorship that is fiscal. Please try not to connect a duplicate of one’s social protection or individual taxation status. We are able to just accept a 501()( that is c) page from your own company or your financial sponsor’s company.
Work Examples and Supplemental Movie Application
Work samples and supplemental video clip application are optional but motivated. Work test should preferably be described as a current representation associated with the project’s proposed tasks. ON LINE SAMPLES ARE FAVORED. Mailed examples will never be came back. Make sure to mark your test aided by the title of one’s company and task.
Appropriate work examples are:
- Connect to online video clip, CD or DVD (maximum. Three full minutes in size); please add cue instructions and URL (if sharing online test) in narrative above
- Intense copies or pictures or scanned pictures (maximum of 5)
- Penned materials (maximum 10-12 pages) – we’ll NOT browse entire scripts, remedies, books etc.
Work examples could be mailed to your after address and needs to be gotten by 5 pm EST, Friday, March 13, 2020:
Asian Women Giving Circle
C/o Ms. Foundation for females
12 MetroTech Center, 26 th flooring
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Structure for Proposals
Narrative must follow the format that is following
- Type, make use of a 12-point font size and single-space
- Answer all of the relevant concerns when you look at the order detailed
- 10 pages maximum ( perhaps not including work sample if appropriate)
- Save in PDF format